ABOUT DR. BUCKMINSTER FARROW
Combining industry-leading education and training, extensive experience in both research and hands-on care, and a compassionate and patient-centered approach, Dr. Buckminster Farrow, MD, has established himself as a leader in delivering unparalleled surgical care in Houston and Katy, Texas. Throughout his career, he has built up a reputation as one of the best surgeons addressing many different types of hernia and gallbladder issues, as well as abdominal wall reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Farrow graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science in biology and philosophy, then attended MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine in Philadelphia. After graduating magna cum laude, Dr. Farrow continued his education with a general surgery residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, and was awarded a Masters of Medical Science degree from their Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, while completing a postdoctoral research fellowship at the same school.
In addition to his impressive training and research positions, Dr. Farrow served as a staff surgeon at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) in Houston and an assistant professor in the surgery department at Baylor College of Medicine before joining Southwest Surgical Associates in 2009. He has also published numerous scientific articles and book chapters on a wide range of topics. Dr. Farrow is a fellow, diplomat, or member of numerous medical associations, including the American Board of Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the Texas Medical Association, and the Americas Hernia Society.
Dr. Farrow has received numerous awards and recognition for his teaching, research and outstanding patient care. Some of these awards include the following:
- Best General Surgeon, Memorial Living Magazine
- Best General Surgeon 2015, 2016, 2018, Houstonia Magazine
- “You Got Caught Caring” Award 2012, Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Physician of the Year 2011, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, MCP-Hahnemann School of Medicine
- Outstanding Surgical PGY-1 House Officer, UTMB
- Outstanding Surgical Resident, UTMB
- Outstanding UTMB House Officer
- First Place Basic Science Research, Singleton Surgical Society
- UTMB Resident of the Year (student selected)
- American Cancer Society, Dan Duncan Cancer Center Junior Faculty Award
When Dr. Farrow isn’t taking great care of his patients, he enjoys reading, smoking meat, and hiking. He volunteers with Christ clinic, Open Door Mission, Periwinkle foundation and Faith in Practice taking annual mission trips to Guatemala. Dr. Farrow is married with 3 children.
Dr. Farrow is dedicated to providing expert, compassionate and individually tailored care to all of his patients. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Farrow online or by phone today!
Click here to view Dr. Farrow in the news!